1. Soil samples from each UTC, Trt 7 and Trt 12 in each rep before fertilizer application (send to Nathan at Fayetteville)
2. Tissue sample 3 ft row for TDM and nutrient analysis at specified times after flooding. (Dry at 60°C to constant weight, weigh samples, and send to Fayetteville lab for grinding, digestion, and analysis).
3. Grain Yield (save sample for milling)
4. Milling Yield (Harvest with the Yanmar air-flow combine)
5. Maturity samples, separate panicles from straw, record dry weights of each, and analyze each for P concentration.
Notes: Treatment Application Timing:
1. Preemerge - after rice seeding at or near the time of emergence applied at the time that plots are established (flags set).
2. Preflood - at or near the time that preflood N is applied and the flood is established.
3. Midseason - between BIE and ½ inch IE. Record the average internode length of 10 sampled main stems.
4. Boot stage - when 50% of the flag leafs have fully emerged in the majority of the plots.
5. Watch for any differences in visual growth during the season and possible differences in heading. If heading date differences occur among the plots or treatments record heading % at two dates about 5 to 7 days apart.