Location: at or near Aberdeen, Idaho
Soil Type: sandy loam
Experimental Design: randomized complete block design (RCBD)
Fertilizer applied broadcast pre-emergence and incorporated within 48 hours of application.
*NDVI (GreenSeeker) in each plot every 14 days after emergence.
*Petiole nitrate and sulfur content (based on NDVI differences, but approximately on July 15).
*Grade (US No. 1 and US No. 2 and cull)
*Tuber Size (breaks at 4, 6, 10, and 14 ounces)
*Internal and External Physiological and Pathological Defects
ANOVA with mean separation
In addition to the main effects, this design allows orthogonal comparisons of:
* N Rate (0, 100, & 125 lb-N/a)
* S Rate (0, 54, 68, & 114 lb-S/a)
* N Source (FASN, Urea, AN, AS, Urea + NH4, & AN + AS)
* S Source (Sulfate & Elemental Sulfur)
* NH4 Percentage vs. all others (0, 47, 50, 74, & 100)
* NH4/Urea Percentage vs. NO3 (0, 50, 74, & 100)
* Urea Percentage vs. all others (0, 53, & 100)